Thursday, March 3, 2011

Love Songs to Sing

Whether in a great book or film, the scene of a heroic man serenading his beloved woman strikes the heart as gutsy and intimate. And the greatest love songs of all time, aren't found on a billboard chart or music video.  They are found in the Book of Psalms. Here are a few examples chosen from 150...
Test me, LORD, and try me; search my heart and mind. Your love is before my eyes; I walk guided by your faithfulness. 26: 2-3

I will rejoice and be glad in your love, once you have seen my misery, observed my distress. 31: 8

Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your kindness. 31: 17

But I shall sing of your strength, extol your love at dawn, For you are my fortress, my refuge in time of trouble. 59: 17

Lord, you are kind and forgiving, most loving to all who call on you. 86: 5

Good indeed is the Lord, Whose love endures forever, whose faithfulness lasts through every age. 100: 5
Be gutsy and sing, talk, pray, and love God "with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength" (Deuteronomy 6:5, Luke 10:27) He loves you intimately. Your voice is music to His ears.

Love,
Mom