Monday, March 28, 2011

Be Confident

Be confident.  Sounds like good advice, but I suspect it is too broad, vague, and confusing.  I may be confident in my ability to eat breakfast, but I'm definitely not confident in my ability to throw a baseball without looking like a fool.  Confidence in oneself alone doesn't magically bring about wanted results.  Consider all the contestants on Wipe Out who lose. 

I find it more realistic, and less burdensome, to look for specific ways to place confidence, much of which is outside of oneself.  Be confident in love.  Be confident in good character such as being trustworthy, respectful, responsible, and serving.  Be confident in talent and interest combined with skill and hard work.

God indeed is my savior; I am confident and unafraid. My strength and my courage is the LORD, and he has been my savior.  Isaiah 12:2
Ultimately, be confident in God.

And know that I have great confidence in you.

Love,
Mom