Valentine's Day to me is a day to ponder the sweetness of love, to enjoy some Sweethearts candy, and to tell those who show me love, that I love them.
Today I will ponder...
Know that we can think, feel, and act lovingly no matter what is-or isn't- happening around us; we can love even if we don't receive a valentine or must endure pink construction paper hearts beyond our comfort zone.
- 1 If I speak in human and angelic tongues 2 but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
- And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
- If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
- 3 Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,
- it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,
- it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
- It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- 4 Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.
- For we know partially and we prophesy partially,
- but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
- When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
- At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.
- 5 So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.