Monday, July 4, 2011

Love of Country

I love my country. Through patriotism I show gratitude for the sacrifices of past patriots and hope for our future. Love for my country contributes to my happiness. The good, beautiful, and excellent shine, warming my heart. E Pluribus Unum and In God We Trust bring tears to my eyes.  Cynics, critics, and entitled are chronically unhappy because they don't see the spacious skies, brotherhood, and Liberty in our American home.
O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!
On this 4th of July while wearing red, white, and blue; wave the flag, thank a veteran, watch baseball, attend a parade, celebrate with friends, eat yummy picnic food, read the Declaration of Independence, ooh and aah below fireworks...and sing:
God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home. 
Love,
Mom