"You have heard that it was said to your ancestors, 'You shall not kill; and whoever kills will be liable to judgment.' But I say to you, whoever is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment...and whoever says, 'You fool,' will be liable to fiery Gehenna." Matthew 5:21-22Name-calling is easy, wrong, and can lead to suffering, now and forever, for all involved because it breaks the rules of kindness. Fr. Lovasik, in his book The Hidden Power of Kindness summarizes:
1. Don't speak unkindly of anyone.For any unkind act, ask forgiveness from God, make amends if possible, and say a little prayer for the recipient. I did say a prayer for the reckless driver...and hope others pray for me when I, regretfully, am unkind.
2. Don't speak unkindly to anyone.
3. Don't act unkindly toward anyone.
At least once a day...
1. Do speak kindly of someone.
2. Do think kindly of someone.
3. Do act kindly toward someone.